Innovation for best quality of life
With regards to quality of life, infrastructure, and innovation, Vienna ranks among the most successful cities in the world. 12 percent of its required energy consumption is already covered by the use of renewable energy. In the year 2030 this value will increase by 20 percent and by 50 percent in 2050.
This is established in the city of Vienna’s Smart City Framework Strategy. The Vienna Business Agency supports this with specific support of smart company ideas and innovative solutions. Companies receive support in the planning and implementation of their innovative projects. The target groups are companies in the areas of energy and environment, mobility and construction, as well as social innovations.
In total, around 9,200 companies are involved with city and environmental technologies in Vienna. More than 90,000 people generate sales of around 40 billion Euros annually, which corresponds to 16 percent of the total sales of Vienna companies.
- Technology-Report Assistive Technologies (PDF)
- Technology-Report Digital Planning, Building and Operation (PDF)
- Technology Report Rainwater in the city (PDF)
- Technology Report Urban Energy Innovations (PDF)
- Technology Report Green Building (PDF) (PDF)
- Technology Report Urban Food (PDF)
- Technology Report Urban Mobility (PDF)