Experiment, implement and display!
With Content Vienna, the Vienna Business Agency supports the development of projects by media and creative professionals in the digital field. We award five production grants of 10,000 euros each to projects that are in development as well as to prototypes from games to virtual reality, animation through to blockchain applications. Upcoming creatives and young companies are given the chance to further develop their works.
Which projects are supported?
- games & playful media
- creative web and mobile applications (including chatbots, data visualisations, projects in the field of blockchain)
- wearable IT projects
- animation, visual effects & video content
- augmented, mixed & virtual reality projects
- platforms for digital content publishing
13 June - 24 September 2018
How to submit?
Submissions are open until 24 September. For further information on the competition, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Participation as well as the guideline. Before submitting, please read the General Terms and Conditions of the Vienna Business Agency. To access the submission form, please set up an account under Login. The submission form must be completed in one go and then submitted. Caching is not possible. The documents required for submission can be found in the guideline, paragraph 2.
The submission can be in German or English. See this document for an English translation of the submission form!
supporting digital creativity
Winning projects of Content Vienna 2017
- Animaker, an interactive installation by the Viennese company OMAi and the Israeli start-up Resonai, which has been on permanent display at the Tech Museum of Innovation in Silicon Valley since May 2018. Animaker combines machine perception with interactive painting and animation.
- Eloh, a lovingly designed game that combines rhythm, groove and puzzling fun and is scheduled for release in 2018. The game is implemented as a cooperation of Christian Baumgartner aka jcstranger, Daniela Leitner and Lip Comarella & Simon Griesser (Salon Alpin).
- Incognito, an app by We Are The Faces that combines augmented reality technology with fashion in an innovative way and refers to current discourses on data protection and media competence. The app is still in development.
- Path Out, a narrative adventure game by Causa Creations, which recounts the experiences of Syrian refugee Abdullah Karam, who is involved in the project as a graphic artist and co-author. The first chapter of the game, available as a demo, has already attracted international attention and won several prizes.
- vinylOS, vinylOS, an innovative turntable console by Josef Who? and Jonas Bohatsch that can be played through scratching. The prototype was further developed with the help of the prize money, presented internationally and has been part of the permanent exhibition at the Game Science Center in Berlin since 2018.
For questions on the submission of projects please refer to:
+43 1 4000 86166
+43 1 4000 86586