How to apply for your laboratory workstations.
Startup Labs Vienna Biocenter
1030 Wien, Dr.-Bohr-Gasse 7, VBC 6
The Startup Labs of the Vienna Business Agency make it easier for life science start-up projects with laboratory requirements to take their first steps in Vienna. In addition to a “shared infrastructure” comprising refrigerators and freezers, incubators, scales, and much more, the Vienna BioCenter provides a total of 60 laboratory workstations and 50 office workstations. Young companies also get quick access to the comprehensive expertise and first-class research infrastructure available on the campus and have the opportunity to learn from the successful biotechnology companies based here.
Inexpensive co-working facilities with flexible rental options have been set up in a space with over 1,100 m². The shared facilities include:
- Fully equipped BSL2 laboratories
- LN2, -80 °C, -20 °C, 4 °C storage options
- Imaging station for blots & gels
- Centrifuges, microbial incubators & shakers, scales, etc.
- Laboratory glassware (bottles, beakers, flasks, cylinders, etc.)
- Reagent-grade distilled water, liquid nitrogen, CO2 supply
- Biological and chemical waste management system
- Information technology and telecommunications
Further information on the equipment and prices of the Startup Labs. (PDF)Feel free to contact us for further details or to apply for a laboratory place (PDF).
Contact us if you need more laboratory space or properties
Does your company need access to laboratory facilities and want to expand or set up a branch in Vienna? Do you want to set up a biopharmaceutical production facility in Vienna? We look forward to hearing from you. We and our partners will help you choose a suitable location and advise you on the available support.