Business Immigration Office
The new service point for international executives in Vienna
The Business Immigration Office (BIO) focuses on advice and comprehensive information. At the BIO, multilingual experts from the Vienna Business Agency advise expats for the first time on residence and employment law for foreigners in Vienna. As mediators of the bureaucratic requirements, they establish a direct line to the authorities. The counselling is confidential, independent and free of charge.
For all other questions about starting and living in Vienna, the experts are available as usual at the Expat Center. Here, the advice goes far beyond purely legal questions. The experts at the Expat Center support international professionals and their companions on a permanent basis and on all questions they may have at any stage of their lives - from adopting a child to changing schools to retirement - in Vienna.
Our team will be happy to advise you!
Ihr Kontakt zu unseren Expertinnen und Experten.
Expats are guided through the official process by the Municipal Department 35 in the BIO.
MA35 handles applications for the following residence titles in the Business Immigration Office:
- Initial applications and applications for change of purpose for:
Red-White-Red Card for self-employed key workers (German), Red-White-Red Card for dependent key workers (German), Startup (German) and EU Blue Card including family reunification.
- Settlement permit for artists, special cases (German) of dependent gainful employment, researchers including family reunification
- Residence permit for intra-corporate transferees (ICT), mobile ICT, company transferees, self-employed, special cases of dependent employment including family reunification
- Applications for change of purpose Settlement permit (independent mobility) including family reunification
- Residence permit for social service workers
- Extension applications:
Settlement permit Researchers including family members
Residence permit ICT, mobile ICT including family members
Applications for permits under the Viennese Law on the Acquisition of Aliens.
Business Immigration Office der Wirtschaftsagentur Wien und der Stadt Wien
Zelinkagasse 9, 1. Floor
Make an appointment by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org