Business Immigration Office
The new service point for international executives in Vienna
The Business Immigration Office (BIO) focuses on advice and comprehensive information. At the BIO, multilingual experts from the Vienna Business Agency advise expats for the first time on residence and employment law for foreigners in Vienna. As mediators of the bureaucratic requirements, they establish a direct line to the authorities. The counselling is confidential, independent and free of charge.
For all other questions about starting and living in Vienna, the experts are available as usual at the Expat Center. Here, the advice goes far beyond purely legal questions. The Expat Center of the Vienna Business Agency offers free advice and consulting on matters of daily expat life in Vienna. Expats receive advice on all questions about arriving, settling and staying in Vienna - in all phases of your life, be it a planned job change, starting a family, importing your car, changing school or retirement. We also advise repats, professionals and managers wanting to return to Vienna on all issues relating to relocating their lives.
Our team (PDF) will be happy to advise you!
Business Immigration Office of the Vienna Business Agency and the City of Vienna
Zelinkagasse 9, 1. Floor
+43 1 25200 644
Make an appointment by e-mail: email@example.com
Expats are guided through the official process by the Municipal Department 35 in the BIO.
MA35 handles applications for the following residence titles in the Business Immigration Office:
- Initial applications and applications for change of purpose for:
Red-White-Red Card for self-employed key workers (German), Red-White-Red Card for dependent key workers (German), Startup (German) and EU Blue Card including family reunification.
- Settlement permit for artists, special cases (German) of dependent gainful employment, researchers including family reunification
- Residence permit for intra-corporate transferees (ICT), mobile ICT, company transferees, self-employed, special cases of dependent employment including family reunification
- Applications for change of purpose Settlement permit (independent mobility) including family reunification
- Residence permit for social service workers
- Extension applications:
Settlement permit Researchers including family members
Residence permit ICT, mobile ICT including family members
Applications for permits under the Viennese Law on the Acquisition of Aliens.