Strength in IT sector
With 5,900 companies and roughly 55,000 employees, Vienna ranks among the top IT metropolises in Europe. In total, these companies generate annual total sales of 19 billion Euros, which is four times as much as the sales of the tourism industry in Vienna.
The development of digital technologies is of enormous importance for the Vienna location, as well as in international inter-city competitiveness. The Vienna IT sector is visible on an international level in several areas – from IT security to Open Government Data. The industry has high-quality jobs, which likewise require high-quality workers. In addition to a first-class training system, there is good infrastructure and a high density of (extra-) university research, which particularly speaks in Vienna’s favor.
According to various studies, the location also scores particularly high with its innovative strength, its comprehensive support of startups, as well as its strong focus on sustainability.
Individual consulting for Vienna IT companies
- Technology-Report Big Data & AI (PDF)
- Technology-Report Enterprise Software (PDF)
- Technology-Report E-Commerce (PDF)
- Technology-Report Fintech (PDF)
- Technology-Report Mobile Computing (PDF)
- Technology-Report Cloud Computing (PDF)
- Technology-Report E-Health (PDF)
- Technology-Report User Centered Design (PDF)
- Technology-Report E-Government (PDF)
- Technology-Report IT-Security (PDF)
- Technology-Report Entertainment Computing (PDF)
- Technology-Report Visual Computing (PDF)
- Technology-Report Internet of Things (PDF)