Approximately 25.000 Expats – i.e. professionals living and working abroad - live in Vienna. More than one reason to find out, how life as an expat in Vienna feels like.
Therefore the Vienna Business Agency has contacted 1.864 Expatriates and asked for their opinion on their temporary home. 196 expats deriving from 45 different countries – half of which from the USA, the UK. Germany and Canada – have answered our questionnaire. These are the results:
- 4 out of 5 Expats had a good start in Vienna.
- For 2 out 5 Vienna is their first expat-destination.
- 93.9 percent see the city as highly attractive for expats.
- 89.3 would recommend Vienna as expat-destination.
- 99 percent are satisfied with the work of our Expat-Center
Furthermore appreciated by expats:
- The safety of Vienna (84.2 percent)
- The city’s cleanliness (75.5 percent)
- Arts and culture (76.5 percent)
- Leisure time offers (67.9 percent)
- Vienna’s geographic location (63.8 percent)
Looking at those high approval rates, we might get over the fact that only 13.3 percent find the Viennese humour (Wiener Schmäh) attractive.
Find the press release in german here.
More graphics on the expat-survey: