5 tips against the Corona storage fever with grown-up children and small kids.
Due to the worldwide outbreak of coronavirus, Austria is in an exceptional situation. "Minimize social contacts" is the motto issued by the federal government. For parents, it also means: what to do when the dear little ones are at home around the clock? We have put together a list of helpful tips against the threat of cabin fever:
- Learn programming with code.org for children from 8 years on. The platform is available for free in many different languages.
- Learning with Virtual Reality (glasses required) : Vroodles offers a wide range of teaching content, from history to geography to mathematics, in VR form. VR content is also available on arte and CNN
- Matura preparation with studyly: The online trainer for the Central Matura (mathematics) with instructions, videos and many, many exercises. The smart thing about it: The system learns about the strengths and weaknesses of the user and then automatically sets tasks that require more training
- Gaming with added value: The platform bupp.at/ examines games and makes recommendations as a guide for parents. We also recommend the award-winning games from our relevant support programs: Old Man’s Journey, Eloh and Blek
- Mathehero: a math app with 1.000 new questions to train 10 fields of knowledge and to simulate the Austrian Central Matura in real time.
- And of course the classic: Do-it-yourself! You can find tips and instructions on KiKa, ORF-okidoki and of course in the search engines and video portals of your choice.