Exciting, interesting, informative: the Vienna Business Agency’s contribution to the programme for the VIENNA DESIGN WEEK.
Austria’s biggest design festival, the VIENNA DESIGN WEEK, is back for the 11th time from 29 September to 5 October. The Vienna Business Agency has been a partner and supporter right from the very beginning, making a number of contributions to the festival’s programme.
- 30 September: Talk - "Designing business": Three international designers (Ineke Hans, Jólan van der Wiel, Alex Axinte & Cristi Borcan) present their studios.
- 3 October: Tour - "Architektur im Fokus” (Focus on Architecture): A tour along a diverse route through Grätzels (neighbourhoods) in Vienna’s 15th district will highlight the new city planning developments and architectural trends of this up-and-coming urban region
- 3 October: Talk - "raumlaborberlin im Fokus” (Focus on Berlin: an urban design laboratory): A comparison of urban design issues in Vienna and Berlin
- 4 October: Tour - "Lokale Produktion im Fokus” (Focus on local production): A guided tour of Ünique Skies, Urban Tools and Petz Hornmanufaktur, three examples of the 15th district’s manufacturing scene.
- 4 October: Talk - "Design in Rudolfsheim": A discussion with Viennese creatives on design in Vienna’s 15th district
- 6 October: Tour - "Design im Fokus” (Focus on Design): This tour provides an insight into day-to-day work at some of the design studios in Vienna’s 15th district (mischer’traxler studio, Vandasye, Lichtwitz Leinfellner visuelle Kultur KG, and NOUS) - a sneak peek behind the scenes.
The VIENNA DESIGN WEEK will also mark the kick-off of the Vienna Business Agency’s ideas competition "Kinder, Kinder: Neue Design-Ideen zum Stadtleben aus Kindersicht" (Children, children: new design ideas on city living through the eyes of a child) as well as a 2-day workshop, “Rethinking business models in the design industry as part of the "Creators Lab" series.
Wien, 25. September 2017