Support for R&D projects with a significant contribution to climate protection
Funding rate: small companies 45%, medium-sized companies 35%, large companies 25%, research institutions (as part of a collaboration) 80%. Max. funding amount: EUR 500,000 per project, minimum project value: EUR 50,000
Time frame to submit applications: 2022/04/06 to 2022/07/25
The Zero Emission Cities call supports you in implementing research and development projects that lead to product, service or process innovations in the field of climate protection or climate change adaptation. As the project implementation is aimed at involving relevant partners in pilot applications in Vienna, the Vienna Business Agency offers the possibility of collaboration with the City of Vienna or downstream institutions.
- Who: National and international companies (small, medium-sized, large, or in formation) that want to implement research and development projects in Vienna on the topic of climate protection. Research institutions may also apply (within the framework of a collaboration).
- What: Personnel costs, external services, investment costs, IPR-costs, material costs
- Funding criteria: climate and social impact, scientific level of the project, strategic research significance for the company, potential economic significance and indirect impact on employment and company growth.
- Cooperative projects: For cooperative projects, the funding quotas for enterprises are increased by 15 percentage points, in each case maximum 80%
- Bonus for women: Funded projects that are verifiably led by a woman receive an additional EUR 10,000.
- Rental allowance: Foreign companies or startups establishing a business site in Vienna can receive an additional EUR 5,000.
- Submission: Online via online funding application. Apply before your project launches!
The evaluation of applications is carried out by industry experts.
Please contact us if you have questions – we will be happy to assist you.
All documents on the Zero Emission Cities funding programme are available from 6 April