Support in the implementation of startup ideas in the early stages
Funding rate: Monthly allowance of 1,300 euros per person, combined with coaching, consulting and networking services. Total funding of up to 25,000 euros per startup idea.
Time frame to submit applications: 2023/07/01 to 2023/09/30
Next deadline: 2023/09/30
Startup Grant ("Gründungsstipendium") funding programme supports entrepreneurs for a period of six months to enable them to implement their innovative business idea with a focus on growth. The start-up grant is linked to a participation in the Founders Lab.
- Who: People with an innovative startup idea who are not currently self-employed, are not eligible for the business startup program of the AMS and have been registered with their main residence in Vienna for at least 6 months or their secondary residence for at least one year (the date of issue of the registration confirmation must not be older than 1 month).
- What: Entrepreneurs’ living expenses. Monthly allowance of 1,300 euros for six months for up to three people per startup idea, combined with coaching, consulting and networking services as well as participation in the Founders Lab..
- Eligibility criteria: Plausibility of the startup idea, growth and scaling potential, degree of innovation, chances of commercial success, individual/team skills.
- Submission: online during the specified submission periods. The funding application must be submitted before the project begins.
We especially invite women and people with a migration background to apply for the Startup Grant.
The earliest possible start date for the startup grant is mid-December 2023.
The evaluation of applications is carried out by experts from the Vienna Business Agency and external judges.
- All documents (German) on the Gründungsstipendium (Startup Grant)
- Funded Projects 2022 (PDF) (German)
- Read our FAQ (PDF).
Schedule a personal or telephone consultation!
+43 1 25200 424