Support for new ideas and innovative solutions in the fields of food production, food processing, food packaging, food quality assurance, food logistics, food recycling and waste prevention
Funding rate: Funding rate: 45% for small businesses; 35% for medium-sized businesses; 25% for large businesses; 80% for research institutions (as partners); 15% cooperation bonus available
Time frame to submit applications: 2020/12/10 to 2021/04/07
The R&D Food funding competition will support the implementation of innovative, forward-looking solutions in the fields of food production, food processing, food packaging, food quality assurance, food logistics, food recycling and waste prevention
- Who: Companies under incorporation, small, medium-sized and large businesses, research institutions (as partners)
- What: Personnel costs, external services, investment costs, external costs to protect the results of R&D activities, material costs
- Eligibility criteria: Scientific calibre of the project; strategic significance of the research to the company; potential economic significance, and indirect impact on employment and company growth.
- Women’s bonus: Any funded projects demonstrably led by a woman will receive an additional €10,000.
- Submission: As part of the topic-specific funding competition with the online funding application. The funding application must be completed before the project begins.
Applications will be evaluated by external judges.
All documents (in german) on the R&D Food funding programme
Schedule a telephone appointment or personal consultation!
We are looking to support projects developing modern, sustainable forms of nutrition and ways of producing, processing and packaging food. A total of €7 million is available to support our Focus on Food. In addition to two funding competitions, “Food” rating bonuses are available for funding applications submitted to our ongoing programmes:
- Funding programme creative_pioneer for start-up projects in the creative sector
- Funding programme Innovation for the development of innovative food-related services and products
- Funding programme Local Supply Focus for innovative solutions involving local supply or gastronomy
- Funding programme Material Assets_Innovative Investments for investment projects
- Funding programme Shared Facilities for the purchase of equipment and infrastructure to be shared by multiple food industry companies
- Funding programme Local Initiative for the new establishment, expansion or relocation of company sites