Funding for projects focussed on new or improved food products and services.
Funding rate: 50%, 60% for cooperations; max. funding amount: 100,000 euros; minimum project size: 10,000 euros; bonus for women: 5,000 euros
Time frame to submit applications: 2020/10/01 to 2021/01/31
The “Urban Food” funding competition promotes the development and implementation of products, services and processes from the creative industries: from urban food production, distribution and packaging to hospitality and fine dining.
Who: Newly founded companies, startups, small, medium and large businesses, research institutions
What: Internal personnel costs, purchased services, material costs, project-specific special equipment
Eligibility criteria: Creative and artistic quality of the project, economic sustainability, additionality for the company, adequate project planning, sufficient resources and social relevance
Women’s bonus: Any funded projects with proven female management will receive an additional € 5,000.
Schedule a telephone or personal consultation!
The programme is seeking innovative projects aimed at developing modern and sustainable nutrition and food production, processing and packaging solutions. A total of €7 million in funding is available for projects focussed on food.
Food-focussed projects will receive an assessment bonus in these programmes, significantly increasing their chances of receiving funding:
- Funding programme creative_pioneer for start-up projects in the creative sector
- Funding programme Innovation for the development of innovative food-related services and products
- Funding programm Local Supply Focus for innovative solutions involving local supply or gastronomy
- Funding programme Material Assets_Innovative Investments for investment projects
- Funding programme Shared Facilities for the purchase of equipment and infrastructure to be shared by multiple food industry companies
- Funding programme Standortinitiative for the new establishment, expansion or relocation of company sites
The White Paper "Urban Food" (PDF in German) offers with contributions and interviews, suggestions for new business models between the creative industry and the food industry. It also shows how an interface between design and food can contribute to the sustainability of the city.
All documents on the funding programme "Urban Food" (in German)