Creatives for Vienna
Creatives for Vienna
Ideas Competition "Creatives for Vienna"
200 ideas for Vienna: 5,000 euros for the best concepts and impetus for our lives and our city after the crisis.
Already in the first days of our daily "new daily life" the innovative and creative potential of our city becomes apparent: unexpected, atypical cooperations emerge, new business models are implemented with urgency and joint action has become a maxim for survival more than ever. We are experiencing a paradigm shift that challenges traditions and well-established systems in many ways.
New forms of learning, working, living and doing business are currently being tested. Which of them do we want to and can we keep? Which ones can we possibly develop further?
We are looking for creative concepts and visions that make what we have learned and experienced now applicable even after the crisis and invite Vienna creatives, visionaries and thinkers from the following creative industries fields to develop something new together and actively shape the future:
- Design & fashion
- Media & publishing
- Animation, the film industry & music industry
- Architecture & urban planning
- Multimedia, games & app development
- The art market
Questions for inspiration
- Solidarity: How can we strengthen a sense of solidarity among the people of Vienna?
- Flexibility: How can the new demands of the working world be put into practice and which new models for work, leisure and our organisation of life are conceivable?
- Openness: Where are new communicative spaces possible and how can the city become a modern space of action for all residents?
- Networking: Which innovations in the digital world respond to the new needs of our society?
- Sustainability: Which sustainable solutions can be developed for the future of our city in regard to infrastructure, distribution and organization?
Submission, selection criteria, timetable
- register first
- Create a concept paper (PDF, max 8 MB, max 4 A4 pages), which includes
- Project team & partners (max 800 characters)
- Reference projects (max. 500 characters
- Description of the project and relevance to the call (max. 500 characters)
- Change and activation potential of the project (max. 500 characters)
- A project visualization and further links
Fill out online submission form and submit concept paper.
The submissions are continuously evaluated by external jury members and experts from the Vienna Business Agency. The competition entries are assessed according to the following criteria:
- Creative quality
- Potential for change
- Activation potential
- Synergies for the city of Vienna
Duration of the ideas competition: 10 April to 30 June 2020
Submissions are possible on an ongoing basis
Jury meetings: 5 May 2020 (deadline for sumbission: 26 April 2020), 2 June 2020 (deadline for submission: 17 May 2020), 23 June 2020 (deadline for submission: 7 June 2020), 14 July 2020 (deadline for submission: 30 June 2020).
All further information on the "Creatives for Vienna" ideas competition can be found in the general conditions of participation.