Creatives for Vienna
Creatives for Vienna
240 award-winning ideas, three audience awards
More than 700 ideas from Vienna's creative industries were submitted to the "Creatives for Vienna" ideas competition, including concepts for the use of public space, collaborative work, local production and sustainable management. 240 of these ideas were awarded by an external jury and experts from the Vienna Business Agency. Additional prize money totaling 6,000 euros was available in a public voting.
The three ideas with the most votes from the public voting are:
- 1. place: myllama.art von S&M-Solutions (Link in German)
- 2. place: TERRIBLE Magazine N.02 von Nina Kammerer (Link in German)
- 3. place: Raumteiler: Partnerschaften für Vernetzungsplattform von Mirjam Mieschendahl (Link in German)
In November, the Creatives for Vienna - Matchmaking will bring together the 240 winners with a team of experts to work together on the realization of their ideas.
The ideas competition
Already in the first days of our daily "new daily life" the innovative and creative potential of our city becomes apparent: unexpected, atypical cooperations emerge, new business models are implemented with urgency and joint action has become a maxim for survival more than ever. From 10 April to 30 June 2020, the Vienna Business Agency was looking for the best concepts and impulses that make what we have learned and experienced now applicable even after the crisis.
The award-winning creatives, visionaries and thinkers from Vienna provide answers to the following questions:
- How can we strengthen a sense of solidarity among the people of Vienna?
- How can the new demands of the working world be put into practice and which new models for work, leisure and our organisation of life are conceivable?
- Where are new communicative spaces possible and how can the city become a modern space of action for all residents?
- Which innovations in the digital world respond to the new needs of our society?
- Which sustainable solutions can be developed for the future of our city in regard to infrastructure, distribution and organization?